Post by xaratherus
first im using righteous fury, than i m doing seal or crusade than average shield then seal of righteousness then holy shield i dont know y i keep losing aggro. when my teammate got atk im using blessing of sacrifice to save them do i miss something
It can depend on what classes your friends are playing. Most of my time is spent duoing with an shammy that's elemental spec, and he can pull aggro from me if I don't get a few good Holy whacks in before he starts attacking. Even then, if he gets a triple proc of his lightning attack (from one of his talents) I'll sometimes lose aggro.
Before I respecced Holy, here's how I tanked with my Prot spec:
- Righteous Fury (really should have this running all the time unless you aren't tanking; max out the talents that reduce damage at low health and increases threat)
- Avenger's Shield
- Holy Shield as you close to melee, refreshing as needed
- Seal of the Crusader against primary target
- Seal of Vengeance
- Consecration (to grab aggro from other mobs)
- Judge SoV right before it fades, then immediately recast
- Righteous Defense as necessary to pull back any mobs that pulled away*
- Repeat steps 6-8 until mob is dead
It might be necessary to switch to Seal of Wisdom/Light to regain mana or health in particularly long battles.
The SoV I find helpful since it's a Holy DoT that can be judged for decent damage without
removing the DoT stack.
*I've found the following macro to be particularly helpful with Righteous Defese:/cast Righteous Defense; Righteous Defense
It checks your main target and if it's helpful (a party or raid member) it casts Righteous Defense to pull aggro from that ally; if your main target isn't helpful but is instead an enemy, then it looks at the target of your target (which is
an ally, more than likely) and casts Righteous Defense to pull aggro off that ally.