Post by RichardMNixon
<WoW University> is a cross-realm community that welcomes new and returning players who want to learn the mechanics of endgame encounters. Join Mythic raid experienced players as we offer guided learning-focused runs of heroic Shadowlands raids and Mythic+15 keys. All of our events support cross-realm grouping so all US Horde players are encouraged to join.
Longtime WoW veterans who have mastered the game are invited to find a new level of gameplay in leading groups and sharing your skill and love of the game with fellow players.
New and returning players who have always wanted to beat the hardcore content but thought it was too difficult are encouraged to come and learn that anyone with the perseverance to learn about the encounters can defeat them.
We have a bnet community
for easy in-game cross-faction/realm/character chat
Most of the community discussion takes place in our Discord
We also have a growing sub at r/WoWUniversity
Weekly scheduled raid times are:
- Tuesday and Wednesday, 7pm-10pm CST (server time) - Heroic Castle Nathria
- Thursday and Friday, 7pm-10pm CST (server time) - Mythic+ progression
- The first week of raiding will be normal mode to lean the encounters
We have teaching events beginning Monday with the launch of Shadowlands!
- Monday night, we'll pile into Discord for a live discussion of the launch, starting an hour before launch at 4pm CST (launch is at 5pm CST). Ask questions to the group as we go or just talk about how awesome/^&*!ty the game is. It's a party!
- Tuesday we'll begin dungeon tutorials. I'll be leading players in-game through each of the 8 dungeons on normal mode from 10am-10pm on Tuesday. We'll have as many groups as possible and need volunteers to lead each one. Anyone can join the Discord channel and watch the group instruction live. We'll do as many groups and runs as we can.
- Wednesday we'll be running heroic dungeons
- Thursday we'll be running Mythic dungeons (where most of the dungeon tutorials will happen) and we'll continue running dungeons Thurs-Fri in mythic 5 person groups.
Part of the content I would like to focus on is engaging with the classic stuff that makes WoW fun. To me, this has always been the seasonal events. We'll try to put together at least one group run of these events.
We'll all meet up in-game and run through everything the event has to offer. This usually means trying to earn the meta-achievement (if it's one of the core holidays). We're coming up to a good time in the Nov-Feb time period for in-game holidays.
- Pilgrim's Bounty will be celebrated on Thanksgiving (Thurs Nov 26) from 10am to whenever it takes us to be done. We'll be aiming for the achievement (as much as possible - some are dailies)
- Feast of Winter Veil will have group runs on Saturday Dec 19, Christmas day Dec 25, and probably weekend catchup events on the other Saturdays in December
We'll celebrate the Timewalking events with guided runs of the relevant time-scaled raids on Saturdays at a TBD time (when do you want this?). These raids drop loot on par with Normal mode Castle Nathria (unless Shadowlands changed loot scaling of Timewalking).
Upcoming Timewalking events:
- Wrath of the Lich King (Ulduar) - Saturday January 2
- Cataclysm (Firelands) - Saturday January 23