Post by Elrael
I'm sure this is discussed already but I was hoping to find out about Gemming for Ulduar.
I've read that Spriit Gems are fail cuz of new mana regen model. So is everyone going for MP5 instead or perhaps going for Int?
For mana regen: Use gems to get Int and Crit.
For healing done: Use gems to get Spellpower and Haste(only for Holy).
You end up with spirit gems anyways, at least one. For blue socket bonuses or meta gem. Spirit still offers the same amount of while casing mp5 then ever, so it is still not better then the mp5 gem.
For that blue socket you either get:Int/Spi
- recommend for lots of mana problemsCrit/Spi
- recommend for small mana problemsSpellpower/Spi
- recommend for no mana problems
I guess spellpower
is still the best red option. Because every double gem gives 9 spellpower so for every two double gems you lose 1 spellpower.
That leaves yellow. If you need a lot regen socket it with pure int gems
Else you probably want something with spellpowerSpellpower/Int
- recommend for light mana problemsSpellpower/Crit
- recommend for no mana problems (or holy could prefer it over int)Spellpower/Haste
- recommend for Holy Priest with no mana problems at all.
P.S. thanks a lot for asking that question. I needed to sort out my gem choices and I keep slacking it.