in your browser.
Alliance or Horde? Which to pick? (PLS HELP)
Return to board index
Hey! I’m new to WoW and have a school assignment about it so I’d really appreciate any responses for my project! When first creating an avatar I was presented with the choice of being apart of either the Horde or the Alliance. I am very interested to hear other players’ reasons for choosing their side. If you could please give a response to these questions it would be very much appreciated!
1) What factors influenced your decision to join either the Horde or the Alliance?
2)Did you regret or later want to switch sides and why or why not?
Hey, welcome to the game! I joined WoW because several of my friends played the game already, so when I was deciding which faction to join, I chose the on that they played (Horde). I've never regretted the faction because you can make multiple characters per realm and not all characters need to be on the same faction, so you can always play on both. :)
1) Player base at the high end. Makes it easier to find guilds that suit you. Doesn't hurt to be on a massive server either, no downsides whatsoever.
2) Started out on Alliance (EU-Silvermoon) first but even on the largest Alliance server the guild choice is considerably more restricted. So I changed to Horde (EU-Draenor).
1) Probably all PVP servers are Horde-dominated so I chose Horde as being ganked all day wasn't appealing to me. PVE server isn't an option as it will take away a large aspect of the game which is World PVP.
2) Nope, never! :) Horde is nice so far. Really good community, awesome people and pesky Alliance is kept in check!
When I started playing All those years ago, your choices were Humans, two sets of Tiny Humans, and Giant Spacemen on the Alliance side, or Green Orcs, Giant Bull-men, Huge Tusked Blue guys and Zombies on the Horde. It was a no brainer for me. The giant menacing Green Orc was the answer. So I guess the answer you are looking for is pick the species that appeals to your personal style.
First thing to be aware of is you aren't limited to one or the other. You can have characters from each.
Just choose the race that appeals to you most.
I started out playing Alli, because my husband did and I thought Alliance were supposed to be "the good guys", and then later he played horde and I found out it's not quite as simple as "good and bad" (they each have some heroic figures and some jerk leaders and supporting NPCs) so I decided to try some of those races, and then recently starting playing both at the same time. Only downside is occasionally running or flying into the wrong faction camp! lol
You are not logged in. Please
to post a reply or
if you don't already have an account.
Connect with Wowhead
Other Fanbyte Sites
Hearthstone Top Decks
Final Fantasy XI
© 2021 Fanbyte